AP Keenan, an AssuredPartners company, is a successful insurance brokerage and consulting firm meeting the insurance needs of hospitals, public entities and California school districts. AP Keenan specializes in providing consulting services in the areas of: employee benefits, workers' compensation, loss control, financial, and property & liability. We have seen continuous growth and success, and are positioned to lead the industry into the 21st century. Together, with AssuredPartners, we continue to grow at a rapid pace, and so do the opportunities for our current and future employees.
This is a remote position based in the Riverside/San Bernardino/Inland Empire area.
SUMMARY: Be the lead advisor for and provide consultative loss control services to assigned customers as well as JPAs in accordance with the department’s guidelines. Perform on-site Property/Liability and Employee Safety (WC) inspections of client facilities to identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and make recommendations for corrective measures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Be the lead point of contact for Loss Control services to assigned customers.
- Perform on-site Property/Liability and Employee Safety (WC) inspections of client facilities to identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and make recommendations for corrective measures.
- Review the existence of required safety programs to assess their compliance and functional effectiveness. Assist customers with the writing of the programs identified as deficient.
- Provide safety training classes and presentations (as approved by Director) up to the JPA level.
- Advise clients on safety, compliance and risk management matters.
- Assist with clients the development and implementation of risk management best practices.
- Conduct ergonomic evaluations, accident investigations, or specific hazard assessments (as approved by Director).
- Complete an analysis of client and JPA losses and presenting action plans focused on negative loss trends.
- Inform Districts of any changes in safety regulations and distributing safety-related bulletins to them.
- Assist in the development of client resources and correspondences.
- Support JPA level loss control initiatives
- Communicate effectively with other internal departments on customer strategy issues.
- Complete reports that meet department guidelines and complying with established department turnaround times.
- Stay informed about contractual obligations (up to the JPA level); tracking service plans and ensuring status is updated on R drive.
- All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or other Bachelors’/Associate degree with at least 3-5 years’ work-related experience is required.
- Strong customer service, writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Should be able to handle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Compliance with state fingerprinting regulations is required.
LICENSE or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Must maintain a current California Driver’s License.
- Certifications such as ASP, CSP, CRM, CSRM, ARM, ARM-P are preferred.
SOFTWARE: Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Adept at accessing business data from the Internet when required. Knowledge of, and ability to use mobile devices/tablets is extremely critical.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The job entails extensive fieldwork with driving and walking, plus administrative office follow-up as required. Overnight stays are required in some areas, and occasional in-state travel. The employee should be able to:
- Frequently travel to client sites.
- Extended periods of time driving.
- Often walk up to five (5) miles a day over customer facilities grounds.
- Often climb up steps, bleachers, playground equipment, ladders, etc.
- Regularly bend, stoop, kneel, crouch or twist to better identify hazards.
- Withstand sun exposure for a number of consecutive days.
- Reach overhead occasionally to materials stored on overhead shelves.
- Occasionally move or lift boxes
- Frequently operate small tools and measuring devices (monitoring devices, tapes, screwdrivers, calipers, etc.).
- Frequent use of keyboards/tablet screens requiring hand/arm/wrist dexterity.
- Occasionally sit up to seven (7) hours a day at a computer workstation.