AP Keenan, an AssuredPartners company, is a successful insurance brokerage and consulting firm meeting the insurance needs of hospitals, public entities and California school districts. AP Keenan specializes in providing consulting services in the areas of: employee benefits, workers' compensation, loss control, financial, and property & liability. We have seen continuous growth and success, and are positioned to lead the industry into the 21st century. Together, with AssuredPartners, we continue to grow at a rapid pace, and so do the opportunities for our current and future employees.
The Sr. Sales Executive is the primary Keenan HealthCare-Employee Benefits representative for existing and prospective clients. Responsible to achieve annual individual production goals. Manages staff to set and achieve team and individual goals. Supports management to set and achieve company and department goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assists company and department to define and execute strategies
- Coaches staff regarding industry and product knowledge, company goals and objectives, client management, job performance, career development
- Consistently demonstrates behavior which advances Keenan brand and reputation
- New business development
- Identifies, qualifies and contacts prospective clients
- Determines prospective client’s interests and needs, and sells appropriate products and services
- Sells new or enhanced products and services to existing clients
- Promotes Keenan private-label products
- Facilitates cross-selling of other Keenan products and services
- Feeds back information from marketplace to support product innovation and improvement
- Networks within industry and community to expand new business activity
- Client service
- Identifies and builds relationships with client’s decision-makers
- Develops and oversees execution of annual strategic plan together with client’s managers
- Directs activities related to renewals and negotiations, carrier/vendor management, marketing, program changes, and new product installations
- Supports Keenan team providing day-to-day service to client’s administrative staff
- Ensures that product needs and service expectations are met at all levels within client’s organization
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum 7 years of successful consultative sales experience in group benefits, preferably with a major consulting/brokerage firm or insurance carrier. Must understand the California managed care market, with knowledge of group underwriting or provider contracting principles a plus. Excellent communication skills. Ability to develop and maintain credibility and trust with customers. Analytical and creative. Strong organizational skills and a good sense of prioritization. Active California Life & Disability Agent license. BS/BA degree required. Seeking someone with an existing book of Benefits business with C-Suite contacts, 250 lives and up with a $1 Million book.
Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Adept at accessing business data from the Internet when required. Familiarity with PC, Printers and computerized voice & email systems