Keenan & Associates, an AssuredPartners company, is a successful insurance brokerage and consulting firm meeting the insurance needs of hospitals, public entities and California school districts. Keenan specializes in providing consulting services in the areas of: employee benefits, workers' compensation, loss control, financial, and property & liability. We have seen continuous growth and success, and are positioned to lead the industry into the 21st century. AssuredPartners is now one of the largest brokers in the nation after acquiring over 280 agencies. Together, with AssuredPartners, we continue to grow at a rapid pace, so do the opportunities for our current and future employees.
SUMMARY: Provide support to the Property & Casualty Administration and Marketing department by assisting with the preparation of proposals, managing all servicing aspects for the book of business, preparing and formulating members’ annual premiums and collecting and preparing of materials for new business and renewals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Issue endorsements as needed for Members’ mid-term coverage changes.
- Process all departmental invoices utilizing Sagitta insurance agency management system.
- Technical knowledge of insurance terminology, contracts, coverage’s and applications.
- Preparation and formulation of members’ annual program contributions (premiums).
- Assist with collection and preparation of materials for submission to markets for new business and renewals.
- Provide policy interpretation and coverage analysis.
- Provide underwriting review of annual P&C Questionnaires.
- Assist with preparation of proposals based on needs, rates and coverages.
- Independently manage all servicing aspects for book of business consisting of California public school districts and community colleges.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service, positive attitude, and understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- It is an essential function of this job that you arrive at your designated office location on-time and ready to work your scheduled hours.
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Candidates must have one (1) year of P&C Insurance experience or two (2) years of Administrative Experience with a P&C Insurance background.
- Active P&C license or must obtain one within one year of employment.
- Successful candidate must be self-directed and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- Needs to be a team player with a collaborative and flexible attitude.
- Ability to interact positively, succinctly and professionally with all levels of internal and external clients.
- Experience working in a paperless environment a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or equivalent work experience.
SOFTWARE: Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Adept at accessing business data from the Internet when required.