Keenan & Associates, an AssuredPartners company, is a successful insurance brokerage and consulting firm meeting the insurance needs of hospitals, public entities and California school districts. Keenan specializes in providing consulting services in the areas of: employee benefits, workers' compensation, loss control, financial, and property & liability. We have seen continuous growth and success, and are positioned to lead the industry into the 21st century. AssuredPartners is now one of the largest brokers in the nation after acquiring over 280 agencies. Together, with AssuredPartners, we continue to grow at a rapid pace, so do the opportunities for our current and future employees.
SUMMARY: Responsible for planning, developing, establishing and controlling systems designed to increase overall effectiveness of facility and space utilization and space management. Responsible for all aspects of maintaining Keenan’s facilities and managing the mailroom.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with all aspects of facility moves and remodels.
- Coordinate the arrangements of all seminars and classes statewide. Act as a proxy admin for WC testing exams.
- Enroll WC employees in IEA trainings, and enroll other employees in various computer-based training. Be present in the computer training room during the testing.
- Handle employee requests and problems companywide.
- Back up for off-site records management.
- Act as a liaison to the branch offices and property managers.
- Provide supervision and support as it relates to facilities, space planning, operations, maintenance, construction, contracts, budgeting, and safety.
- Ensure contractors are performing their work (e.g., preventative maintenance) in a safe manner and in accordance with proper procedures when working in the office areas.
- Assist on all physical relocations of departments including developing interior design, furniture and equipment layouts and project budget for all construction, remodels and reconfigurations.
- Assist in overseeing the installation of furniture and equipment and coordinate the relocation of furniture and equipment as necessary.
- Review current inventory to identify recyclable vs. refurbishable.
- Responsible for scheduling vendors for repairs and maintenance at all facilities. Must complete repair requests, maintain follow-up Log, assess the severity of the problems and resolve them. Schedule vendors and follow-up with branch/department and vendors to ensure problems are resolved.
- Manage branch/building key systems. Ensure accuracy of Key Log and physically certify key system annually. Make and track all allocated keys within each Keenan building.
- Audit invoices and payment requests prior to submission for payment. Verify invoices to corresponding repair request to determine payment validity.
- Create, monitor and maintain contracts for all vendors. Ensure vendor has current certificate of insurance on file. Annually certify with the State of California that vendor is bonded.
- Mailroom Operations – Oversee the daily processing and sorting, pickup and delivery of all inbound and outbound courier and mail. Act as primary backup for all mailroom staff as necessary for vacation, absences, lunch, training, breaks etc.
- Assist with receiving and dispatching work requests to technical staff, vendors or other service providers as necessary.
- Act as the direct liaison with all mail support service vendors (i.e. postage vendors, FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.)
- Oversight of copiers/scanners/fax machines company wide.
- Oversight of all off-site storage.
- Provide backup reception switchboard coverage.
- Supervise, direct, and plan the day-to-day work schedule of mail staff and Receptionists.
- Interview, hire, train and develop staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of five (5) years of facilities and space planning experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred.
- Must have the ability to make recommendations and decisions which affect departments, operations, services, individuals and activities.
- Must possess negotiation skills, mathematical ability, and general knowledge of the facilities industry and trends.
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, excellent verbal and written skills and possess outstanding leadership skills.
SOFTWARE: Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Adept at accessing business data from the Internet when required.
Internet when required.