Keenan & Associates, an AssuredPartners company, is a successful insurance brokerage and consulting firm meeting the insurance needs of hospitals, public entities and California school districts. Keenan specializes in providing consulting services in the areas of: employee benefits, workers' compensation, loss control, financial, and property & liability. We have seen continuous growth and success, and are positioned to lead the industry into the 21st century. AssuredPartners is now one of the largest brokers in the nation after acquiring over 280 agencies. Together, with AssuredPartners, we continue to grow at a rapid pace, so do the opportunities for our current and future employees.
SUMMARY: Develop and write computer programs to perform specific tasks related to organizational goals. Create workflow diagrams and charts to demonstrate the functionality of programs before coding them. Run software tests to spot and resolve bugs and inconsistencies. Write code for software patches and bug fixes. Work with team members to find creative, innovative solutions to problems
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Collaborate with other departments to understand their needs and devise ways to accommodate them with software
- Perform regular audits to identify software inefficiencies and mastermind ways to improve workflow
- Write and modify complex and efficient code
- Design, develop and maintain REST based services
- Write and continually update documentation for all programs for internal and external reference
- Provide production support and full life cycle development.
- Must troubleshoot and analyze bugs/issues with the existing product code and report issues, including poor performance and bad data.
- Validate constructed code against unit test criteria.
- Monitor application performance and stability.
- Analyze requirements and determine how it will affect new or existing systems.
- Analyze System issues and design, code and test system solutions which will resolve the issue.
- Maintain system documentation (both within the code and within technical design documents) to enable ease of analysis for future development.
- Provide programming support to other team members.
- Maintain current project development methods, standards, processes, and trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of eight (8) years of computer programming experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of XML and XSL experience utilizing MSXML and/or .NET XML libraries.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Information Technology or similar field preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to spot tiny errors or inconsistencies in code.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a team
- Up to date on the latest software innovations and committed to continually building on existing knowledge and skills
- Ability to develop, organize and communicate presentations.
- Insurance Industry background is preferred.
MINIMUM SUGGESTED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Strong ASP .NET skills.
- NET Framework 3.5/4.0.
- Knowledge of .NET C#, MS SQL development.
- Knowledge with Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010.
- XML-based technologies: XSLT, XPATH, XSD.
- Knowledge of WCF, WWF.
- Knowledge of reporting technologies, such as: MS Reporting Services and Crystal.