AP Keenan, an AssuredPartners company, is a successful insurance brokerage and consulting firm meeting the insurance needs of hospitals, public entities and California school districts. AP Keenan specializes in providing consulting services in the areas of: employee benefits, workers' compensation, loss control, financial, and property & liability. We have seen continuous growth and success, and are positioned to lead the industry into the 21st century. Together, with AssuredPartners, we continue to grow at a rapid pace, and so do the opportunities for our current and future employees.
Keenan is offering an exciting role as a Claims Supervisor in the Workers Compensation department. The Claims Supervisor will be responsible for overall supervision of a claims department by managing the team, ensuring the client’s needs are met, and all claims are being managed in accordance with Keenan’s policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Maintain a high level of high client retention and satisfaction.
- Review and approve all investigation, subrosa and litigation referrals.
- Review and approve all settlements over $50,000 and under $100,000.
- Review and approve all reserve changes over $75,000 and under $200,000.
- Maintain an active diary on all open claims reserved at or above $75,000.
- Review and maintain diary on all cumulative traumas, joint coverage, serious & willful, 132a claims and subrogation claims.
- Review and pre-approve all delays and denials.
- Review all newly set up indemnity claims for adherence to Best Practices.
- Conduct internal quarterly audits of all Claims Examiners.
- Evaluate and recognize office staffing needs.
- Update staff on labor code/legislation/case law.
- Update staff on insured/self-insured procedures.
- Handle the prevention of penalties/maintenance of logs.
- Provide timely excess claims reporting management to the Reinsurance Manager.
- Oversee Claims Examiners, Claims Examiners, Claims Assistants and other designated personnel.
- Provide a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Provide training, leadership and guidance to the staff.
- Oversee and attend claims reviews.
- Handle special projects as assigned.
- Travel as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as Senior Claims Examiner required and two (2) years-experience as a Workers’ Compensation Claims Supervisor, preferred.
- Self-Insurance Certificate (SIP) required.
- Effective self-starter, organizer, and leader requiring minimal supervision.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
SOFTWARE: Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Adept at accessing business data from the Internet when required.