AP Keenan, an AssuredPartners company, is a successful insurance brokerage and consulting firm meeting the insurance needs of hospitals, public entities and California school districts. AP Keenan specializes in providing consulting services in the areas of: employee benefits, workers' compensation, loss control, financial, and property & liability. We have seen continuous growth and success, and are positioned to lead the industry into the 21st century. Together, with AssuredPartners, we continue to grow at a rapid pace, and so do the opportunities for our current and future employees.
This is a hybrid position reporting to Torrance, CA.
Keenan has an exciting opportunity to work as a Staff Accountant in our Finance department that will assist with the accurate and timely reporting of Keenan’s consolidated financial statements, including acquisitions reporting under Keenan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assist with the review and preparation of the monthly reporting package prior to submission for Controller and Regional Controller’s review.
- Assist with the intake of the monthly upload and review of acquisition data for completeness and accuracy monthly for the income statement and balance sheet.
- Assist with monitoring and review of balance sheet reconciliations for Keenan, and acquired agencies.
- Assist in the preparation of journal entries as needed related to adjustments and corrections.
- Help with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for Parent Company.
- Assist with monthly variance explanations for all agencies, including Keenan, for submission to AssuredPartners Corporate.
- Help with the preparation of requested information / analyses for Upper Management on an as needed basis.
- Assist with the review of the quarterly book of business and the annual P&C book of business for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist with the preparation and review of the production credit calculation for sales bonus.
- Help with the preparation and review of monthly and YTD revenue comparison for Keenan, and acquired agencies versus prior year and budget.
- Ability to multi-task. Adequate planning required to meet deadlines.
- Ability to coordinate with other colleagues to ensure monthly, quarterly reporting is completed within the required timeframe.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of three (3) years of accounting experience is required.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
- A CPA professional designation is a plus.
- Highly organized, ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the aptitude to make decisions based on the information provided.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products and accounting systems/packages.
SOFTWARE: Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is required, including knowledge of V-Lookup and Pivot Tables. Proficiency with MS PowerPoint and Outlook a plus. Experience with a G/L or Accounting package is also a plus.