AP Keenan, an AssuredPartners company, is a successful insurance brokerage and consulting firm meeting the insurance needs of hospitals, public entities and California school districts. AP Keenan specializes in providing consulting services in the areas of: employee benefits, workers' compensation, loss control, financial, and property & liability. We have seen continuous growth and success, and are positioned to lead the industry into the 21st century. Together, with AssuredPartners, we continue to grow at a rapid pace, and so do the opportunities for our current and future employees.
AP Keenan has an exciting opportunity open for a Senior Risk Management Analyst in Northern California! The Sr. RMA should have an expert understanding of all Risk Management Analyst roles and responsibilities. They will be directly responsible for analyzing workers’ compensation data to identify specific trends that are impacting claim costs.
This position is responsible to identify, implement and then monitor specific workers’ compensation programmatic solutions that will have a positive impact on the claim trends. A key programmatic solution includes assisting customers to develop, implement and monitor a formal return to work program, supported by analytics. A Sr. RMA will have the ability to coordinate and monitor modified and alternative jobs in synchronization with the client. Through close collaboration with other Keenan internal departments and with the customer, develops and delivers workers’ compensation solutions and results oriented customer service. A skilled level understanding of FEHA and the Interactive Process, as it relates to industrial injuries and disabilities, with the ability to directly assist in educating customers, provide consultation to clients based upon training and education in the field. Leads the development and delivery of a service plan customized to meet the individual fiscal needs of each client. Primary focus is customer retention, RTW/FEHA/Interactive Process compliance, strategic planning and the development and delivery of client analytics, benchmarks, and best practices.
This position will be responsible for the creation and delivery of formalized training to internal team members. They will also act as a direct mentor and train other RMAs and RMTs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Manipulate raw workers’ compensation data to identify and develop claim trends.
- Produce statistical and analytical reports, charts and graphs that provide a visual representation of claim trends.
- Provide clients with recommended best practices that will improve their workers’ compensation trends and experience.
- Strengthen and assist in the implementation and management of clients return to work program. Improve results and ultimately decrease their overall indemnity claim costs.
- Provide clients with recommended best practices that will strengthen their adherence with FEHA and the Interactive Process for industrial related disabilities resulting in decreasing overall indemnity costs while minimizing the risks associated with potential employment law claims. Knowledge and ability to actively participate in the IAP meetings providing non-legal guidance to the process and procedure.
- Provide mastery level consultation to clients with the integration between workers’ compensation leaves and industrial accident leaves (Education Code benefits)
- Provide periodic review of the global operational and economic results of the clients’ programs.
- Roll out established medical provider networks, communicating and training front line medical providers where needed
- Identify areas of medical management PPO penetration opportunities to increase PPO usage and client savings
- Aid clients in developing improved relations with current Medical Providers or searching for new Medical providers
- As an integral member of the service team, work in coordination and partnership with the team to develop and implement daily solutions as well as the development and delivery of an annual Risk Improvement Action Plans (RIAP).
- Interact with the workers’ compensation claims team on a regular basis to best meet the client’s needs
- Coordinate and partner with the workers’ compensation claims team in conducting file reviews that demonstrate aggressive and appropriate claims resolution.
- Plan, coordinate and deliver client training and regional symposiums on topics related to workers’ compensation, property & liability, medical cost containment, risk management/best practices, etc.
- Attend ongoing educational/training programs for continuing development and knowledge of related fields. Sharing that knowledge and training with internal team members will be critical.
- Union Educational Ombudsman
- Moderate understanding of the P&L business in effort to assist cross selling efforts of the Account Executive.
- Create professional development training materials.
- Ability to work through difficult and demanding situations (both internally and externally) and maintain a positive attitude.
- Create and deliver formalized training to internal team members.
- Act as a mentor to other RMA and RMT team members.
- Perform other Duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS:
A minimum of seven years of handling claims or consulting in workers compensation. A minimum of five years Risk Management experience, or equivalent. Strong understanding of workers’ compensation laws and regulations is required. Property Casualty Insurance and a Self-Insurance Certificate are highly desirable. Expert knowledge of the Education Code as it pertains to industrial accident leaves is required. Must have skilled experience in establishing and implementing Return to Work programs and FEHA/Interactive Process. Must be an effective organizer, planner, self-starter, and leader requiring minimal supervision. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting to small and large groups. Must possess analytical and practical abilities. Flexibility to work in a team setting is required. Must have the ability to build relationships and create personal bonds with clients and prospective clients. Must be comfortable in fast paced and continuously changing environment. Experience acting as a mentor and trainer to team members.
SOFTWARE: Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Adept at accessing business data from the Internet when required