AP Keenan, an AssuredPartners company, is a successful insurance brokerage and consulting firm meeting the insurance needs of hospitals, public entities and California school districts. AP Keenan specializes in providing consulting services in the areas of: employee benefits, workers' compensation, loss control, financial, and property & liability. We have seen continuous growth and success, and are positioned to lead the industry into the 21st century. Together, with AssuredPartners, we continue to grow at a rapid pace, and so do the opportunities for our current and future employees.
This is a hybrid position in Torrance, CA.
SUMMARY: Partner with the VP of Human Capital and the team to deliver high quality, responsive programs and support to the Keenan Region. Provide leadership to the functional areas of Human Capital, including but not limited to: employee relations, legal investigations, recruitment and employment, compensation, benefits administration, training, mergers and acquisitions, on-boarding and special projects. Responsible for managing and developing direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide guidance to managers, supervisors and employees on a variety of issues, including: performance management, employee relations, training, benefits, and compliance to the Keenan region.
- Conduct investigations and work with outside counsel, as needed.
- Partner with Platform Leaders throughout the Region ensure consistency across the Region.
- Work directly with existing and future acquisitions to ensure a smooth on-boarding experience.
- Ensure adherence to state, federal, and other statutory guidelines. Research and assist in providing responses to inquiries from EEOC, DFEH, and other governmental agencies.
- Analyze results from employee feedback mechanisms (30-day survey, 6 month survey, exit interview) to identify organizational issues and trends, and make recommendations to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Provide management, training and development to the Keenan Agencies, HCap Generalists and Staffing Specialists.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality when dealing with highly sensitive issues or information.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal relations and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to persuade, convince, and influence others in order to achieve a specific result, as well as to lead by example in challenging the status quo.
- Function as a catalyst and coach by guiding others at all levels of the organization, utilizing a facilitative approach and advancing the learning and development of others. Treat people with dignity while promoting an effective climate, good morale, and cooperation.
- Adhere to compliance of all governmental and labor legal requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Department of Labor, Workers’ Compensation, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Other special projects and duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of eight (8) years of recent HR managerial level work experience required.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of federal and state employment regulations (i.e. Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, CA state employment laws).
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- The individual needs to be a team player and an effective mentor and coach for the HCap team while being able to influence others and build relationships so they can be viewed as a strategic partner on human capital issues.
- The candidate must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, along with analytical and creative thinking in order to be proactive in looking for new solutions and opportunities – able to get to the root of a complex problems and show adaptability and flexibility in solving problems.
SOFTWARE:Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Adept at accessing business data from the Internet when required. Experience in HRIS systems required.