AP Keenan, an AssuredPartners company, is a successful insurance brokerage and consulting firm meeting the insurance needs of hospitals, public entities and California school districts. AP Keenan specializes in providing consulting services in the areas of: employee benefits, workers' compensation, loss control, financial, and property & liability. We have seen continuous growth and success, and are positioned to lead the industry into the 21st century. Together, with AssuredPartners, we continue to grow at a rapid pace, and so do the opportunities for our current and future employees.
SUMMARY: Assist with the accurate and timely reporting of Keenan’s consolidated financial statements, including acquisitions reporting under Keenan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assist with the review and preparation of the monthly reporting package prior to submission for Controller and Regional Controller’s review.
- Assist with the intake of the monthly upload and review of acquisition data for completeness and accuracy monthly for the income statement and balance sheet.
- Assist with monitoring and review of balance sheet reconciliations for Keenan, and acquired agencies.
- Assist in the preparation of journal entries as needed related to adjustments and corrections.
- Help with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for Parent Company.
- Assist with monthly variance explanations for all agencies, including Keenan, for submission to AssuredPartners Corporate.
- Help with the preparation of requested information / analyses for Upper Management on an as needed basis.
- Assist with the review of the quarterly book of business and the annual P&C book of business for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist with the preparation and review of the production credit calculation for sales bonus.
- Help with the preparation and review of monthly and YTD revenue comparison for Keenan, and acquired agencies versus prior year and budget.
- Ability to multi-task. Adequate planning required to meet deadlines.
- Ability to coordinate with other colleagues to ensure monthly, quarterly reporting is completed within the required timeframe.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Accounting degree and a 3 years of related work experience is required.
- A CPA professional designation is a plus.
- Highly organized, ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the aptitude to make decisions based on the information provided.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products and accounting systems/packages.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred.
SOFTWARE: Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is required, including knowledge of V-Lookup and Pivot Tables. Proficiency with MS PowerPoint and Outlook a plus. Experience with a G/L or Accounting package is also a plus.