AP Keenan, an AssuredPartners company, is a successful insurance brokerage and consulting firm meeting the insurance needs of hospitals, public entities and California school districts. AP Keenan specializes in providing consulting services in the areas of: employee benefits, workers' compensation, loss control, financial, and property & liability. We have seen continuous growth and success, and are positioned to lead the industry into the 21st century. Together, with AssuredPartners, we continue to grow at a rapid pace, and so do the opportunities for our current and future employees
The Senior Account Manager will have primary responsibility for both core (California) and commercial account clients in the Keenan Pharmacy Purchasing Coalition (KPPC). This includes clients participating in the KPPC via private-label programs across the country. The Senior Account Manager is responsible for driving service excellence to their assigned portfolio of clients. This includes, but is not limited to, executing client strategy, proactively delivering and communicating the effectiveness of Keenan Pharmacy Services, coordinating timely issue resolution and overall client support.
Candidate will: develop and maintain positive relationships with internal stakeholders, external clients and marketing partners to advance the KPPC growth and client retention strategy; have a clear understanding of client needs, goals and objectives, and provide strategic pharmacy management options in support of each; analyze pharmacy utilization data and provide clients with consultative solutions to manage and control costs.
Position requires a high level of professionalism within the client marketplace as well as in the office. Serve as one of the primary representatives and subject matter experts for the KPPC. Candidate expected to learn the technical details related to KPPC pricing, contracts, implementations, etc., and all other pharmacy products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Serve as the primary point of contact to manage client relationships, cross selling opportunities, and provide proactive consultation related to service opportunities
- Understand and follow through on technical issues related to KPPC and related benefit products
- Use consultative sales techniques to suggest new services and pharmacy products and make recommendations based on analysis of customer’s existing benefit plans, circumstances and needs
- Prepare and deliver client contracts/amendments for assigned book of business, ensuring all documents are fully executed in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with new and existing marketing partners
- Clearly communicate and promote the value of the KPPC
- Maintain thorough knowledge of KPPC and new benefit products
- Deliver informative, well-organized, accurate presentations
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Communicate legislative changes related to pharmacy benefits
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Maintain positive attitude and flexible hours
- All other duties as assigned
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidate must be a self-starter, detail oriented, and possess excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal and written). Must be effective and comfortable with speaking and presenting in group settings. The ideal candidate will be able to organize and manage multiple priorities with acute attention to detail; build relationships and create a professional bond with internal and external customers; and excel in a fast-paced, demanding and unstructured environment. Additionally:
- 8+ years relevant experience in Account Management or Service Delivery, including minimum of 5 years in PBM industry
- General knowledge of the healthcare industry required
- Strong focus on book of business client satisfaction and client retention results
- Ability to work cross-functionally to proactively communicate and to resolve issues with the highest sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing; verbally in both a one on one setting and in group settings, such as in a client presentation
- Demonstrated ability managing projects, utilizing proven project management processes
- Ability to travel
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor of Arts or equivalent combination of related experience.