AP Keenan, an AssuredPartners company, is a successful insurance brokerage and consulting firm meeting the insurance needs of hospitals, public entities and California school districts. AP Keenan specializes in providing consulting services in the areas of: employee benefits, workers' compensation, loss control, financial, and property & liability. We have seen continuous growth and success, and are positioned to lead the industry into the 21st century. Together, with AssuredPartners, we continue to grow at a rapid pace, and so do the opportunities for our current and future employees.
This is position requires frequent weekly travel throughout Northern California.
SUMMARY: Provide loss control chemical inventories and safety inspections (as approved by the Director) to assigned clients in accordance with the department’s guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Conduct physical inventory of client hazardous materials and input data into report format.
- Perform safety assessments of hazardous material storage, handling, and disposal techniques and provide recommendations based on findings.
- Assist clients with submission of county-required Hazardous Materials Business Plans (HMBP).
- Perform on-site Property/Liability and Employee Safety (WC) inspections of client facilities to identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and make recommendations for corrective measures.
- Respond effectively and timely to concerns or issues raised by clients.
- Inform clients of any changes in regulations and provide materials to assist with compliance when applicable.
- Comply with Department’s product delivery and follow-up guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with other internal departments on customer strategy issues.
- Remain informed of contractual obligations in terms of service time and scheduling.
- All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Formal education and training with hazardous materials, chemicals, and/or safety regulations is preferred.
- Must have strong customer service, report writing, time management and communication skills.
- Should be able to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Requires dealing with many personality types, so professional appearance, friendliness and genuine empathy are all distinct advantages.
- Needs to be a team player with a collaborative and flexible attitude.
- A self-motivated, self-disciplined and highly organized work style is critical.
- Compliance with state DOJ fingerprinting regulations is required.
LICENSE or CERTIFICATIONS: Must maintain current California Drivers’ license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The job entails extensive fieldwork with driving and walking, plus administrative office follow-up as required. Overnight stays are required in some areas, and occasional in-state travel. The employee should be able to:
- Frequently travel to client sites.
- Extended periods of time driving.
- Often walk up to five miles a day over customer facilities grounds.
- Often climb up steps, bleachers, playground equipment, ladders, etc.
- Regularly bend, stoop, kneel, crouch or twist to better identify hazards.
- Withstand sun exposure for a number of consecutive days.
- Reach overhead occasionally to materials stored on overhead shelves.
- Occasionally move or lift boxes
- Frequently operate small tools and measuring devices (monitoring devices, tapes, screwdrivers, calipers, etc.).
- Frequent use of keyboards/tablet screens requiring hand/arm/wrist dexterity.
- Occasionally sit up to seven hours a day at a computer workstation.
SOFTWARE: Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet Research required. Knowledge of and ability to use mobile devices/tablets is extremely critical.