AP Keenan, an AssuredPartners company, is a successful insurance brokerage and consulting firm meeting the insurance needs of hospitals, public entities and California school districts. AP Keenan specializes in providing consulting services in the areas of: employee benefits, workers' compensation, loss control, financial, and property & liability. We have seen continuous growth and success, and are positioned to lead the industry into the 21st century. Together, with AssuredPartners, we continue to grow at a rapid pace, and so do the opportunities for our current and future employees.
As a member of the Property and Casualty Marketing Department, the Sr. Account Manager, Property & Casualty Marketing will meet with insurance carrier underwriters and marketing personnel to develop business relationships in order to determine carrier’s interest in various classes of business. They will work with internal client management teams to understand coverage needs, develop marketing plan, prepare submissions, and review quotes from carriers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Follows up with insurance carrier underwriters to answer questions and solicit quotes for new business.
- Must be able to manage high level of insurance related information in a variant of formats and be able to identify appropriate carriers for risks in a timely manner.
- Negotiates premiums, coverages, terms, and conditions with insurance markets for prospective clients in accordance with carrier delegated underwriting capacity and appetite.
- Meets with insurance carrier underwriters and marketing personnel to develop business relationships in order to determine carrier’s interest in various classes of business.
- Prepares and send new/remarket business submissions to appropriate insurance companies.
- Consults with Producers on markets for their risks, appropriateness of coverage structure, and negotiate pricing and coverage terms with carriers. Assists with pre-underwriting information gathering, coverage analysis, and proposal presentations if needed. Negotiates price and terms and have proposals prepared, bound and delivered to producers.
- Prepares proposals and binds coverage as necessary.
- Quotes submissions using online carrier rating systems. Maintains marketing database including customer/prospect files.
- Assists in executing marketing strategies and objectives.
- Assists in the analysis of lines of coverage and insurance company trends with the intent of maximizing opportunities for new business placement and customer retention. Plans and conducts market research to identify opportunities for increased sales.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced degree from college or technical school; or 4-8 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Tech savvy; ability to navigate multiple systems including Agency Management Software and Microsoft Office products.
- Full knowledge of insurance markets. Maintain full knowledge of market underwriting appetite, line of business trends, insurance company changes, and coverage development.
- Must have excellent computer and communication skills
- Superior organizational skills a must
- Have the ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Resident Insurance Producer License with Property and Casualty Broker-Agent Designations required