AP Keenan, an AssuredPartners company, is a successful insurance brokerage and consulting firm meeting the insurance needs of hospitals, public entities and California school districts. AP Keenan specializes in providing consulting services in the areas of: employee benefits, workers' compensation, loss control, financial, and property & liability. We have seen continuous growth and success, and are positioned to lead the industry into the 21st century. Together, with AssuredPartners, we continue to grow at a rapid pace, and so do the opportunities for our current and future employees.
Act as the leaderfor service team membersresponsible for client retention, customer servicing, providing insurance related technical support including providing guidance to clients in terms of risk management, coverage and claim mitigation recommendations. Assist in growing the book of business through cross selling to existing clients and handling new/referral clients. Share best practices within the team as well as other internal departments. Provide mentoring and training within the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Manage a portfolio of Public Entity and Healthcare accounts.
- Establish and maintain client relationships by providing regular visits and open communication.
- Develop retention strategy for jeopardy and/or risk accounts as identified and present them to Account Executive and Service Manager for concurrence and feedback prior to implementation.
- Oversee and participate in renewal process
- Lead renewal and strategic planning meetings with clients.
- Advise client regarding complex risk management issues.
- Analyze coverage, forms and policies and advise customers on coverage related issues.
- Review client's exposure and loss experience to determine product and service requirements.
- Advise client on legislative developments, industry trends and funding alternatives.
- Review insurance requirements of client/vendor contracts to ensure client is adequately protected.
- Understand financial data, (financial statements, audits, actuarial studies and their impact on a self-insured program).
- Understand Keenan products and assist with developing leads and cross selling opportunities.
- Be familiar with Government and Labor, as applicable, to assist clients in compliance.
- Attend ongoing educational/training programs required by the State to maintain current license status.
- Attend required meetings/conferences.
- Mentor and train account managers to ensure compliance with internal procedures, and the accuracy, quality and timeliness of work product.
- Proactively promote Keenan products and develop leads and cross-selling opportunities.
- Work closely with other internal departments on client related matters.
- All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of 10 years insurance experience in account service/account executive position preferred.
- Strong background and knowledge of all property and casualty commercial coverages.
- Professional designations like ARM or CPCU desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent insurance experience.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure without supervision.
- Resident Insurance Producer License with Property and Casualty Broker-Agent Designations.