AP Keenan, an AssuredPartners company, is a successful insurance brokerage and consulting firm meeting the insurance needs of hospitals, public entities and California school districts. AP Keenan specializes in providing consulting services in the areas of: employee benefits, workers' compensation, loss control, financial, and property & liability. We have seen continuous growth and success, and are positioned to lead the industry into the 21st century. Together, with AssuredPartners, we continue to grow at a rapid pace, and so do the opportunities for our current and future employees.
The Account Manager is responsible to prepare and present financial statements to clients. Attend offsite client meetings to present results of comprehensive study of the financial data of self-insured and fully-insured for Workers’ Compensation, Property & Liability, and Benefit pools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Prepare and analyze periodic Treasurer Reports, Payment Orders and Cash Flow Analysis.
- Prepare and analyze semi-annual Financial Management Information Reports.
- Prepare and maintain all source documents that support the conclusions.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations as needed for client meetings and conferences.
- Presentation of Financial Reports and PowerPoints at client Board meetings.
- Responsible for Pro-Forma preparation of financial reports and first draft proofing utilizing check list.
- Responsible for preparing deposits for client accounts.
- Proof daily accounting records, accounts payable/receivable for clients.
- Responsible for initiating wire transfers through an on-line banking system.
- Maintain banking records, signature cards, check orders.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of bank accounts, and investment portfolios.
- Maintain contact with the client and internal staff throughout the fiscal year to stay well-informed of their needs.
- Coordinate with the clients, actuaries, auditors, investment advisors, and internal departments to gather data necessary for the completion of financial reports.
- Prepare and analyze semi-annual Budgets
- Prepare client contracts and proposals as needed.
- Prepare client invoicing as needed.
- Prepare required client 1099’s as needed.
- Prepare and submit required filings: State Controller, Department of Managed Health Care, etc.
- Stay current with recent legislation, FASB and GASB updates to enhance the services provided to the client.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must understand accounting systems and financial reporting.
- Minimum of 3-5 years financial accounting work related experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Public presentation experience preferred.
- Degree in Accounting/Finance required.
SOFTWARE: Adept at accessing business data from the Internet when required.