AP Keenan, an AssuredPartners company, is a successful insurance brokerage and consulting firm meeting the insurance needs of hospitals, public entities and California school districts. AP Keenan specializes in providing consulting services in the areas of: employee benefits, workers' compensation, loss control, financial, and property & liability. We have seen continuous growth and success, and are positioned to lead the industry into the 21st century. Together, with AssuredPartners, we continue to grow at a rapid pace, and so do the opportunities for our current and future employees.
We have a new exciting career opportunity as an Administrative Assistant II, providing support to the Senior Vice President of BUAD and to the Public Agency BUAD Department.
Description of duties & responsibilities:
- Meeting preparation including logistic arrangements, agendas, prepare presentations, information preparation, and distribution of meeting materials
- Calendar management, scheduling calls, meetings and events. Coordinate BUAD team monthly meetings and generate agendas.
- Travel coordination and logistics including flights, hotels, ground transportation, and reservations.
- Tracking and help drive completion of key deliverables and following up on outstanding items
- Screening emails/calls. Archive emails. Process and distribute department.
- Assist other BUAD team members with administrative work.
- Maintain and organize BUAD shared drives, security access, and assist team in coordinated with IT, computer and equipment needs.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets and generate reports.
- Handle highly sensitive, confidential and non-routine information.
- Process expense reports and timesheets. Tracking of consultant invoices, hours, and annual contract.
- Administrative support for the CA Dental Purchasing Co-Op board meetings and members.
- Maintain and track insurance carrier vendor compensation and coordinate with Finance and other areas.
- Work with Legal and other departments to submit new and renewing vendor agreements and contracts.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by manager.
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS: 3 years experience in assisting high level executives; good communication and organizational skills; Knowledgeable in Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; excellent grammatically and typing skills (65 wpm); professional telephone voice; accurate and detail oriented; able to multitask; high energy level; ability to work under pressure; participation in continuing education programs (preferably group-insurance related); flexible hours; professional attitude and appearance.
SOFTWARE: Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Adept at accessing business data from the Internet when required.